2020 Southeast Rail Forum
Southeastern States Department of Transportation Rail Divisions and the Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) North Carolina Triangle Chapter are jointly hosting a regional forum on rail issues focused on seven Southeastern states.
Southeast Rail Forum (SRF): Ready to Build is scheduled from March 25-27, 2020 at the Sheraton in downtown Raleigh, NC.
The purpose and goal of this forum is to:
- Bring focus to the efforts made by the Southeastern States (District of
Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and
Alabama) to unify their visions for the role of rail in the region through
the multi-state Compact agreement and the Federally-led regional study
for the Southeast Rail Corridor.
- Highlight the economic benefits of a coordinated approach to regional rail
- Identify the role of trends and activities in intermodal freight transportation:
Rail, Ports, Trucking, and Shipping Hubs.
- Share examples where comingled passenger and freight services can work—
and where it cannot.
- Provide opportunities for multi-state networking and sharing of beneficial
- Provide opportunities to inspect area freight, intermodal and passenger
Invited speakers include Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) officials, State Transportation Secretaries, State Rail Officials, Railroad Executives, industry experts, and local and state political leaders throughout the region.
Our goal is to have the entire region represented!