Southeast Rail Forum
A Ride for Us
March 22-24, 2023 | Crystal City - Arlington, VA (D.C.)
2023 Southeast Rail Forum
Southeastern States Department of Transportation Rail Divisions and the Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) North Carolina Triangle Chapter are jointly hosting a regional forum on rail issues focused on seven Southeastern states.
Southeast Rail Forum (SRF): Ready to Build is scheduled for March 22-24, 2023 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Crystal City, Arlington, VA (Washington, D.C)
The purpose of this forum is to:
- Bring focus to the efforts made by the Southeastern States (District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama) to unify their visions for the role of rail in the region through the multi-state Compact agreement and the Federally-led regional study for the Southeast Rail Corridor.
- Highlight the economic benefits of a coordinated approach to regional rail planning.
- Identify the role of trends and activities in intermodal freight transportation: Rail, Ports, Trucking, and Shipping Hubs.
- Share examples where co-mingled passenger and freight services can work— and where it cannot.
- Provide opportunities for multi-state networking and sharing of beneficial information.
- Provide opportunities to inspect area freight, intermodal and passenger projects.
Invited speakers include Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) officials, State Transportation Secretaries, State Rail Officials, Railroad Executives, industry experts, and local and state political leaders throughout the region.
Our goal is to have the entire Southeast region represented!