Registration is now open!
USDOT Deputy Secretary Trottenberg to give keynote address at SRF!
2023 SRF Platinum Sponsor:
VHB’s passion for making meaningful contributions to the world through our work propels us to look at projects from every angle and ask the questions that lead to smarter, more innovative, technology-driven solutions.
With the ever-changing needs of rail systems, our relationships with local, state, and federal regulators provide our team with the insight to help identify and navigate funding, right-of-way, planning and design, environmental impacts and regulations, and stakeholder communication. VHB helps clients make informed decisions to move projects forward. With a future-focused mindset, we work to deliver resilient and sustainable solutions for clients and communities.
SRF Gold Level Sponsors:
At Kimley-Horn, one of the nation's premier planning and design consultants, our professionals are experts in may disciplines yet share one passion: making our clients successful. We combine creative yet practical solutions, a sense of urgency, and a focus on bottom line value to meet your specific project needs.
Mott MacDonald delivers award-winning rail design solutions.
Our multidisciplinary staff is experienced in passenger and freight rail infrastructure, from subways and light rail corridors to tunnels, bridges, and signaling systems. Our services include value engineering, risk assessment, quality assurance and control, constructability reviews, and community relations.
For over a century, HDR has partnered with clients to shape and connect communities across the world. As a full-service AEC firm, we deliver infrastructure improvements that touch all modes of transportation, including freight, passenger, and commuter rail. Our approach is to understand each client’s vision and design long-lasting, customized solutions.
2023 Southeast Rail Forum
Southeastern States Department of Transportation Rail Divisions and the Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) North Carolina Triangle Chapter are jointly hosting a regional forum on rail issues focused on eight Southeastern states (DC, VA, NC, TN, SC, GA, AL and FL).
Southeast Rail Forum (SRF): Ready to Build is scheduled for March 22-24, 2023 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Crystal City, Arlington, VA (Washington, D.C)
The purpose of this forum is to:
- Bring focus to the efforts made by the Southeastern States (District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama) to unify their visions for the role of rail in the region through the multi-state Compact agreement and the Federally-led regional study for the Southeast Rail Corridor.
- Highlight the economic benefits of a coordinated approach to regional rail planning.
- Identify the role of trends and activities in intermodal freight transportation: Rail, Ports, Trucking, and Shipping Hubs.
- Share examples where co-mingled passenger and freight services can work— and where it cannot.
- Provide opportunities for multi-state networking and sharing of beneficial information.
- Provide opportunities to inspect area freight, intermodal and passenger projects.
Invited speakers include Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) officials, State Transportation Secretaries, State Rail Officials, Railroad Executives, industry experts, and local and state political leaders throughout the region.
Our goal is to have the entire Southeast region represented!